So, upon
arrival we were greeted by the owner who was rather lovely and treated us to
some savoury rice and a cuppa. We were completely cabbaged. We had agreed that
we would rest for a few hours to hopefully adjust to Indian time and get over
the jet lag.

hours later Duncan was still shattered, so I walked down to the local bridge
over the river. I felt both comfortable and safe. To be honest I surprised
myself. The local men were unloading concrete from wooden boats and it was
obviously hard labour. It was humbling and touching to watch.

The sun was
beating down at around 30 something and I was loving it. I crossed to the other
side of the bridge and a beautiful bird landed below us. Its long, slim beak
and turquoise coloured feathers could only mean one thing. Needless to say it
was a full nanosecond before the tears flowed….

Many of you
know just how much the Kingfisher means to me and I ALWAYS get a great feeling
when I see them, as I know they’re a wonderful omen. There had NEVER been any
doubt that I was doing the right thing though now I knew The Universe was with
us totally.

Watching the
water and the other travellers on the bridge, some walking, some on mopeds,
others in Tuk Tuks was all a wonderful experience to a complete newby!

I walked
back to the accommodation at the eco-farm and felt a huge sense of peace and
belonging here. I’d already connected to the river, the trees, the distant
jungle and felt I had indeed come home. Sweat poured from me as I arrived back
at the room and settled myself down.

Later that
day we chatted again to the owner who said he spent much of his day shooing off
monkeys from his crops and looking out for snakes. We were okay walking around
his allotment in daytime hours, though we were warned NOT to venture up the
hillside at night. Well, we didn’t argue with that advice! Time for bed after
watching “A Star Is Born” and crying AS USUAL …..


About the Author:

  Related Posts
  • No related posts found.

You must be logged in to post a comment.